Unable to map MMIO aperture. No such file or directory

Dear List,

Can anybody hint me if i should at least try to make ati firegl x1-256p (ati 9700) work on my already working hp C8000?

I read that graphics is problematic with hppa.

atm i am at the following error message:

(EE) RADEON(0): Unable to map MMIO aperture. No such file or directory (2)

(EE) RADEON(0): Memory map the MMIO region failed

(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Or trying to make graphics work is pointless?

Many thanks,

Balint