Re: Installing Debian-hppa on HP c8000

On 11/18/2010 01:33 PM, Vsevolod Krishchenko wrote:
I just got some old c8000 workstation and I'm trying to install Debian
5.06 on it.

CD Boot process hangs with quite famous message:
console handover: boot [ttyB0] ->  real [tty0]

I'm using d-sub monitor, not a serial console (problem with serial
console was discussed already). My questions are as follows .
--- Is it possible to install debian from boot cd using d-sub or DVI
monitor? (c8000 has IDE cd-rom)
Yes, if the graphics card is supported.
FX Graphic adapter is not supported, Vis-EG is working OK.

--- Can I use serial console with standard c8000 serial port? (answer
is 'no', I suppose)
No idea.
--- Is it possible to use net boot? (Some hits are welcome. I boots
only i386 via network.)
Yes, this works. But you need again serial port or supported graphics adapter.

--- How to change kernel line when booting from cd or net (stupid
question, i'm sorry)
No idea, but just use the relevant debian boot image.

Helge