Re: Python 2.6

Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sorry to bring this topic up again, but what is the status of Python
> 2.6 and Squeeze? I wrote a mail to doko on 2009-12-13 asking him what
> his plans are and if he needs help but didn't receive an answer yet. Has
> anyone more information?

python 2.6 will be in Squeeze as was told previously. The main blocker
of all transitions at the moment is kde4libs not building on hppa, so if
that is not going to change soon, hppa will be dropped to not hold back
all transitions.

Currently python 2.4 is being phased out and the KDE transition is going
on before python 2.6 will be added.

Cheers

Luk