Re: Should be fixed now.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote:
>> debian-hppa, any clue why cwidget would get an error when trying to
>> create 50 threads, and how to fix this?
>
>  According to the build logs for 0.5.16-2, it successfully creates
> 37 new threads, failing on the 38th.  More annoyingly, it looks like
> sysconf is not reporting the existence of a limit on the number of
> threads the test can create; both tests are trying to create their
> default number of threads (the number of threads to create would have
> been lowered to the limit had sysconf indicated that there was a
> limit -- I thought maybe I had an off-by-one error in how I was
> computing the limit, but apparently that's not the case).
>
>  Anyway, the build looks like it succeeded now that the failed
> pthread_create is ignored.

On hppa you get at *most* ~381 threads with the default 8MB stacks,
and the required shared libraries loaded. Starting 50 threads should
not be a problem.

For the record I can't reproduce the cwidget failure locally, when I
run the test it correctly creates 50 threads, and passes the test.

I will assume this is a kernel/glibc issue and continue to work on
making both more reliable in the future.

Cheers,
Carlos.