Re: Warning: Immediates 21 and 32 will give undefined behavior.

> > GCC loads various constants with depwi and depdi. =A0The deposit length
> > was wrong.
>
> If I understand correctly, are you saying that debian's gcc is at
> fault, and that the bug was never in a released version of gcc?

No, the bug is present in all released versions of gcc.  They need
to build a snapshot from the current GCC svn tree (4.3, 4.4 or trunk),
or apply the patch to their own source.

2009-07-20  John David Anglin  <dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>

        * pa.c (compute_zdepwi_operands): Limit deposit length to 32 - lsb.
	Cast "1" to unsigned HOST_WIDE_INT.
	(compute_zdepdi_operands): Limit maximum length to 64 bits.  Limit
	deposit length to the maximum length - lsb.  Extend length if
	HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT is 32.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)