Re: HPPA and Squeeze

> Again, kernel bugs are sometimes hard to find.
> I still think that http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/28458/ may fix a few.
> The only outstanding bug I still know of is that we sometimes face uid/gid issues.
> This still needs analysis.

Helge suggested yesterday that the uid/gid issue might be a bug in nscd.
I installed 2.6.30 last night and disabled nscd.  I have now run for more
than a day without this issue appearing.  The machine did a full GCC build
and check taking about 24 hours.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)