Re: Problems with Etch->Lenny upgrade

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.

Kyle McMartin wrote:

> What was the starting kernel version? The latest stable etch kernel?

Yes.  I performed a dist-upgrade while it was still on etch before I
altered sources.list to lenny.

> I suspect the fault for this lies in glibc trickery, though I'm not sure
> off-hand. I don't recall any changes in the kernel to these syscalls in
> the gap of versions between etch and lenny.

I did some searches when I was in the middle of trying to get the
upgrade to work.  Other people who have experienced the problem with df
were advised to check their /proc.  Everything relevant to df in my
/proc seemed to be ok, so I wondered if maybe coreutils switched from
parsing files in /proc to syscalls in the upgrade?  That's just a shot
in the dark, though.

    Kurt.