Re: Should be fixed now.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
> reopen 557982
> kthxbye
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:28:31 -0800, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
>>   With any luck, this is fixed in 0.5.16-1 in unstable.  I addressed the
>> problem by having the tests query for the system limit on the number of
>> threads they could create, then stop at that many.  Hopefully that
>> should get them to pass on hppa, but obviously I can't test that myself,
>> so please let me know if it fails again.
>>
> Looks like it failed again.
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=cwidget;ver=0.5.16-1;arch=hppa;stamp=1259584731
>
> debian-hppa, any clue why cwidget would get an error when trying to
> create 50 threads, and how to fix this?

Without more analysis I can't comment on what might be the cause. I
recently ran the LTP nptl01 test and it ran without a problem. This
failure might be a kernel bug, or a glibc bug, or both.

We've done the right thing though, this issue is tagged with hppa and
it shows up on our list here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-hppa@lists.debian.org;which=tag&data=hppa&archive=no

I will add it to my list of failures to review.

Cheers,
Carlos.