Re: PDL failes to build on HPPA

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Henning Glawe <glaweh@debian.org> wrote:
> Moin,
> I did an upload of pdl (perl data language) November 9th. Since November
> 14th, there have been 4 failures [1] when building on hppa, the autobuilder
> is always unable to install the build dependencies, looks like version
> conflicts further down the dependency tree.
>
> I don't have root access to any hppa machine or chroot, so I am a bit lost
> with solving this problem on my own...

You should have access to the debian.org developer machines here:
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi

Are you unable to access paer.debian.org?

> [1] https://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=hppa&pkg=pdl&ver=1:2.4.5%2Bdfsg-2

This is the same problem that the dicom3tools maintainer reported. I
have CC'd Mathieu.

There is clearly a dependency issue here. I'm a lowly porter and I
understand the low-level bits, but I sometimes get confused with the
higher level dependency treeds.

I would appreciate it if you and Mathieu could work out what's broken,
report back to the list, and I'll have a look at fixing it. Is that
possible?

Cheers,
Carlos.