Re: Status of NTPL switch and buildds

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>> i had to downgrade libstdc++-4.4 to 4.4.2-1, which indeed was updated
>> today. the build of apt died during the g++ autoconf test but later
>> builds died elsewhere.
>
> I ran into the same issue today. Both apt and aptitude started segfaulting
> after upgrading libstdc++6 from 4.4.2-1 to 4.4.2-2.
> After downgrading that plus three related packages it all worked again.
>
> I see you filed #554574 for this. Thanks.

In general how does this happen? For example the eglibc builds will
fail if the failure list doesn't match the test results. Does the
debian libstdc++6 package (or whichever package produces the library,
gcc?) get uploaded without testing or without comparing the test to a
list of known xfails?

Cheers,
Carlos.