Re: open issues with the hppa port

* Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [090816 13:24]:
> * Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [090730 16:51]:
> > As from release team point of view, it is necessary that there is a plan
> > how hppa can and will return in the forseeable future to normal mode of
> > operation, i.e. there are not many issues with e.g. architecture specific
> > build failures.
>
> I have seen some activity from your side. Thank you for that.
>
> However, it would be really good if we could get some written down
> plan with maximum amount of time it takes till we are in normale
> operation mode.

Things have become better, I'd like to thank you for that.

There are still more issues with hppa popping up than with other
architectures, but the general direction looks promising. For this
reason, we have decided that we try to avoid the additional burden of
packages getting out of sync, and keep hppa in our list of "normal
supported architectures" at this time. We are only able to keep it
this way if the good work continues, the switch to ntpl happens etc
etc - I definitly hope it will work out well.

Cheers,
Andi