Re: Transition hppa from linuxthreads to nptl is ready to proceed.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Mike Frysinger<vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Monday 07 September 2009 17:54:01 Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> The following patches implement version 2 of the NPTL upgrade for
>> hppa. This second version is a rewrite of internal pthread structures
>> and is 100% ABI backwards compatible. All old applications will run
>> with the new glibc, including during partial upgrades.
>>
>> I have tested the following patches with eglibc_2.10.1-0exp1, the
>> testing has included the standard glibc regression testing, simulation
>> of partial upgrades, and heavy chroot testing with Xnest, and several
>> large multithreaded UI applications (evince, xchat, nautilus,
>> gnome-session etc). All tests succeeded.
>>
>> * Please add the following patch to the hppa set of patches:
>> http://www.parisc-linux.org/~carlos/debian-final_glibc-ports-hppa-nptl.diff
>
> any reason for not pushing this (and all the other hppa patches) to the glibc
> ports tree ?  it isnt like you'll be breaking anything that isnt already
> broken, and it'll make it easier for people to play with mainline glibc.

It would have been upstream *before* the email went out, but my git-fu
is incredibly weak.

I've been talking to Roland about my problems with pushing upstream
(and the accidental branch I created on glibc.git).

git push -v
Pushing to git://sourceware.org/git/glibc-ports.git

git remote show origin
* remote origin
  Local branch configured for 'git pull':
    master merges with remote master
  Local ref configured for 'git push':
    master pushes to master (fast forwardable)

I don't know what's wrong here. AFAICT it should just work, I've been
using `git pull --rebase` to keep my repo updated.

Cheers,
Carlos.