Re: open issues with the hppa port

Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Carlos O'Donell (carlos@systemhalted.org) [090821 16:49]:
> >> xmms2 is the only package that doesn't build.
>>
>> Analysis of the xmms2 build shows that this is a python crash.
>> Thankfully the python crash reproduces (in a different location each
>> time). I'll look into this.
>
> Good. I might still break this package because libcdio is blocking
> lots of binNMUs, and we need to try to keep transitions as small as
> possible, but of course as soon as this package is fixed it's welcome
> to get in sync (and if you need help for that from the release team
> please don't hesitate to contact us).

I was able to build xmms2 for hppa using a non-SMP kernel and have done a
porter upload for it in order to facilitate the transition to testing.

I have done that only because the underlying problem is actively being
investigated, and of course the search for the cause of the failure
should not be stopped because of my upload.

Cheers,
FJP