Re: Warning: Immediates 21 and 32 will give undefined behavior.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: John David Anglin <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Warning: Immediates 21 and 32 will give undefined behavior.
- From: Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 10:20:47 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20090731191053.41A6D5161@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday 31 July 2009, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009, John David Anglin<email@example.com> wrote:
> >> > GCC loads various constants with depwi and depdi. The deposit
> >> > length was wrong.
> > No, the bug is present in all released versions of gcc. They need
> > to build a snapshot from the current GCC svn tree (4.3, 4.4 or
> > trunk), or apply the patch to their own source.
> > 2009-07-20 John David Anglin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * pa.c (compute_zdepwi_operands): Limit deposit length to 32 -
> > lsb. Cast "1" to unsigned HOST_WIDE_INT.
> > (compute_zdepdi_operands): Limit maximum length to 64 bits.
> > Limit deposit length to the maximum length - lsb. Extend length if
> > HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT is 32.
> Would you mind filing a bug against debian gcc to have them pickup
> this patch for hppa?