Re: Cannot boot 2.6.26 kernel on HPPA N4000

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 05:08:24PM +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Moritz Muehlenhoff<jmm@inutil.org> wrote:
>
> > [Adding debian-hppa to CC and quoting in full]
> >
> > Is this a known issue, has it been fixed in current kernels from unstable?
>
> I believe this relates to that previous post:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-hppa@lists.debian.org/msg06301.html
>
> Debian kernel seems to triggers HPMCs with PCI addon cards. It's been
> discussed previously here, dunno what the status of that bug is, but
> iirc it doesn't affect upstream.

While many PCI cards won't work in PARISC systems, some do including many
of those sold by HP. For generic PCI support, AFAIK, only PCI-PCI bridge
support is broken and I've not tested those in a while. I have two systems
setup in Cupertino Test Ring which each have one add-on card with PCI-PCI
bridge (rio and ios).

cheers,
grant