Re: HPPA and Squeeze

> > The info data is near the end of the mapped segment. =A0The l_info field
> > is initialized by elf_get_dynamic_info from the dynamic data mapped
> > at l->ld.
>
> Why do you think this is wrong?

I don't know about the specifics.  My supposition is that we may not
be copying the entire segment depending on where the map is placed.

> > I seem to recall that the kernel mmap implementation on hppa is somewhat
> > unique.
>
> I don't recall anything, Kyle?

This came up with respect to the GCC PCH implementation for parisc.  See
comments in host-hpux.h.  At the moment, we do have a PCH related bug.
See PR 39355.  While I know the problem is present in the PCH file, I
haven't been able to figure out how wrong data gets in the file.

> > In the above call, mappref is NULL. =A0The kernel selects the map locatio=
> n.
>
> Yes, that's probably correct, the loader is letting the kernel choose
> the address, at this point we don't care where the library is loaded.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)