Re: HPPA and Squeeze

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Aurelien Jarno<aurelien@aurel32.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 09:08:37PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
>> On 06/16/2009 08:25 AM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>>> On 15/06/09 at 11:31 -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
>>> PS: if you want an HPPA-specific issue to play with,
>>> http://experimental.debian.net/fetch.php?&pkg=ruby1.9&ver=1.9.0.1-5&arch=hppa&stamp=1213563978&file=log&as=raw
>>> might be a good candidate.
>>
>> In reality it's not (any longer) a hppa specific bug. It's a bug in ruby.
>> Ruby just relies on NPTL specific behaviour of threads and as such plays mad on LinuxThreads, which we still have active on hppa.
>> The good thing is, that the NPTL switch-over was started by Carlos, so I expect that this should be fixed when NPTL hits unstable...
>>

> BTW, Carlos, could you please send me the latest version of your
> patches, so that we can actually do the switch with version 2.10?

The latest patches are now up.

Core glibc patch:
http://www.parisc-linux.org/~carlos/2009-06-20-glibc-hppa-nptl.diff

Ports glibc patch:
http://www.parisc-linux.org/~carlos/2009-06-20-glibc-ports-hppa-nptl.diff

No regressions in the testsuite for hppa-linux-gnu.

No failures in my custom testsuite for the transition.

However, the usability testing in a chroot + vnc is showing that some
applications are segfaulting. I've been looking into this today.

Cheers,
Carlos.