Re: HPPA and Squeeze

I take a regular look at various arches why packages are not
correctly built.  hppa is the most annoying arch for me. If you
look at the stats you will notice that it's almost always
the lowest in the stats.  The reason it more or less keeps up is
because I put alot of time in looking at the state of the
packages and that packages get retried alot by the buildd
maintainer.

One of the most annoying things about it is that packages only
get uploaded 2 or 3 times a week.  This has as effect that alot
of packages fail to build because others haven't been uploaded
yet.  Alot of packages are uninstallable, and are basicly waiting
for others to be built/uploaded.  With only 2/3 uploads a week
this means that packages are uninstallable for _weeks_.  By the
time the first reason has been fixed, something else already make
it uninstallable again.  And I guess this is also the reason
the release team always needs to take a look at why something
is uninstallable on hppa.  I can deal with this, but because of
this reason, hppa is a low priority port for me.

So it's my understanding that the porters have no idea about the
problems.  So I will start to mail you about problems as soon
as I see them and they look like porting issues specific
to hppa.

Here is a list of packages that failed to build because of instability
on the buildds today:
package     | buildd   | error
qgit        | penalosa | make: *** [install] Segmentation fault
acpica-unix | peri     | make: *** [install] Segmentation fault

This are probabaly porting issues, they atleast seems to
only affect hppa:
package        | error
rt-tests       | PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT undeclared (NPTL support?)
insighttoolkit | undefined references
axis	       | #531995: Cannot override the final method from ResourceBundle
petsc	       | petscvariables: No such file or directory

Logs can be found at
https://buildd.debian.org/build.cgi?arch=hppa;pkg=$package

Kurt