Re: HPPA and Squeeze

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 01:44:27AM +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> > Ish. We still have the issue that you can't actually buy HPPAs any more,
>
> When did "being a marketed platform" become a criteria for inclusion?
> Is Debian the new Ubuntu? :-P

Well, back in 2005...
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/03/msg00012.html

However, I didn't mean it as a 'you must be able to get these from HP'.
You can't find them on ebay (for the three days I looked), and this
would indicate that it's unlikely that there's going to be sufficient
new porters to make this work.

> Failing this, could we please have a detailed rationale for the
> decision?

It'll be in the d-d-a post, or linked from the post :)

Hope this helps,
Neil
--
< linuxpoet> rails is a perversion
< mc> someone who use pgsql as calculator shouldnt talk of perversion.