Re: who actually cares about debian on hppa?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Kyle McMartin <kyle@mcmartin.ca> wrote:
> Informal poll time.
>
> Please only say you care iff,
>        1 - you are going to fix things
>        2 - you have time to fix things

I'm unfortunately completely deprived of #2 atm (and will continue to
be so likely until at least 2009), so I can't be of much help except
for the casual answers to questions I know the answer for, random help
here and there to willingful developers and machines access...

> We need to have more people taking initiative on things if
> we want to get ourselves together, and if not, we should just
> accept that circumstances have changed.

Agreed

> I personally think it's time to dump hppa from stable releases.

I understand your point though it'd quite sadden me. Also, let's not
delude ourselves: dropping hppa from stable releases means "dropping
hppa" period.

Nobody is going to care for a non-release architecture. Frans already
stated he would stop working on the installer, and nobody is ever
going to use an architecture they cannot install.

So to say things clearly, if we stop here, hppa linux is dead.

Cheers

T-Bone

--
Thibaut VARENE