Re: hppa autobuilder problem with mimedefang

Luk Claes schrieb:
> Christoph Martin wrote:
>> can someone please look into the problem of building mimedefang on hppa?
>> The autobuilder always gets killed with:
>
>> checking if it is safe to destroy and recreate a Perl interpreter...
>> Terminated
>> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
>> Build killed with signal 15 after 300 minutes of inactivity
>> ******************************************************************************
>
> This means nothing gets output during 300 minutes which is the timeout
> for the buildd process to kill the build.
>
> I guess you have to look in the source code from the line that put the
> last line to see why this happens...

Like most times in configure scripts it compiles a small program and
tries to run it. The problem is that I don not have access to a hppa
Debian machine or a chroot on a developer machine where all the build
depends are installed. So I can't try and find the problem myself.

This is why I ask for help.

The build failed in the last few builds only on hppa. The builds in the
2.64 series of mimedefang in Februar and April succeeded. The later
builds all failed. All the builds are with the same upstream version. No
code patch was introduced with the Debian version.

Christoph

Christoph Martin, Leiter der EDV der Verwaltung, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin@Verwaltung.Uni-Mainz.DE
  Telefon: +49-6131-3926337
      Fax: +49-6131-3922856