Re: who actually cares about debian on hppa?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:54:28AM -0400, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> Informal poll time.
>
> Please only say you care iff,
> 	1 - you are going to fix things
> 	2 - you have time to fix things

I can fix some things but only have 1-2 hours per week to fix them.

> Let's not delude ourselves anymore, folks...
>
> I know I've been rather slow, because I'm suffering from
> #2 in spades.
>
> We need to have more people taking initiative on things if
> we want to get ourselves together, and if not, we should just
> accept that circumstances have changed.
>
> I personally think it's time to dump hppa from stable releases.

I agree. We've lost critical mass for stable release and I'm amamzed how
long parisc remained in stable despite HP no longer funding any developers
for parisc-linux in the past 5-6 years.

BTW, just because parisc isn't in stable doesn't mean it won't be installable.
It just means the installer will run an older kernel and the kernel will have
to be updated along wiht lots of other files.

thanks,
grant