Re: cursor under emacs on a c3750 with fxe graphics

i haven't got an xserver running. it's running under screen on a standard tty terminal.

i've found the cursor can be seen if i start emacs with:

TERM=vt100 emacs

any other value of TERM results in an invisible cursor.

some more research has told me that TERM > vt100 (so linux terminal or similar) have two different types of cursor (visible when you run 'infocmp' as 'vs' and 'cvvis'). my bet is that the cursor on the c3750 doesn't like being told to set itself to cvvis. i'll try this out and see if it's correct.

howie

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Grant Grundler <grundler@parisc-linux.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 03:06:41PM +0200, howlingmadhowie wrote:
> hi :)
>
> i just got a c3750 hp workstation and installed etch on it. emacs21-nox
> works fine apart from the fact that i can't see a cursor. is there an easy
> fix for this?

Is emacs21-nox using xterm or something else?
If it's xterm, one can set "xterm*cursorColor: DeepPink" in .Xdefaults or
some other X resources file to make sure the cursor is visible.

grant

--
this text is protected by international copyright. it is illegal for anybody apart from the recipient to keep a copy of this text.
dieser text wird von internationalem urheberrecht geschuetzt. allen ausser dem/der empfaenger/-in ist untersagt, eine kopie dieses textes zu behalten.