Re: C200: 64bit install problems

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 05:23:14PM +0200, Christian Hilgers wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was able to install a C200 via network from this image:
>
> file /tftpboot/debian-40r3-hppa-netinst.iso
> /tftpboot/debian-40r3-hppa-netinst.iso: ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem data 'Debian 4.0 r3 hppa Bin-1       '
>
> Everything was smooth and fine, pretty good job done from
> all the one in the team. Thanks!!
>
> But I missed or did not find it, how to install the system
> in 64bit? Yes, I did use google and other but maybe I used
> the wrong keywords.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your kind words. In order to install 64-bit, you need to boot
a 64-bit kernel. You should be able to do this by selecting "yes" to the
question about "whether you want to interact with the IPL" from the PDC
prompt.

At the palo prompt that follows, enter '0' to modify the kernel
filename, and append "64". Then 'b' to boot. This should start the
64-bit kernel instead of the default 32-bit one.

regards, Kyle