Re: developer accessible machines

> I am working at the Technical University of Vienna, Austria and we have
> (currently) one HPPA machine standing around I could sponsor to the Debian
> Project.
>
> What are the steps, we need, to make this official?

The problem isn't lack of machines, it's lack of a known good kernel
package for the existing machines. My understanding is that it needs to
stand up to a buildd, have all security fixes, and be installable on etch.
Nobody seems to be working on making one though :( In the past I was able
to make newer kernels from unstable install on paer with some backported
tools and working around stuff in postinst, but I haven't tried lately. If
someone could come up with a nice recipe on how to do this we could use it
for the existing machines.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org