Re: what about a second nic?

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 08:09:08AM -0700, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 02:55:20PM +0100, kmaziz wrote:
> > The system is a J6700 with debian parisc installed. I need a second network
> > card in this but which sort of lan cards will fit this system? A regular pci
> > nic for PC computers or is there another kind? Best regards
>
> Any PCI card that will physically fit in the slot should work.

http://www.alimartech.com/pdfs/J6700%20Data%20Sheet.pdf

says J6700^&00 only supports 3.3v cards. That will rule out a fair number
of "regular" PCI cards (assuming most cards are keyed for 5v).

And the manual you already have as PDF says:
"The three PCI slots located in the PCI cage area of the
 J6700 workstations are 64-bit, 4x,. 3.3v, 66 MHz PCI (Peripheral ..."

hth,
grant