Re: apt-cache causes freeze and aptitude a kernel panic on hp9000 d360/2 with fresh installed debian etch

On 9/4/07, Jürgen Leibner <juergen.leibner@t-online.de> wrote:

> Thibaut VARENE said in the other mail, that a new kernel 2.6.18 will
> include now the needed patch. So I tried his hint first and upgraded
> Yesterday to the newest etch smp kernel. It freezes with a kernel
> panic.

Just for the records, quoting Dann:

"committed in etch branch, should release in 4.0r2 (probably
2.6.18.dfsg.1-14). This is #435878."

Current kernel in etch is 2.6.18.dfsg.1-14 so afaict the bugfix hasn't
been uploaded yet.

HTH

T-Bone

--