Re: gcc-4.2-hppa64 bug

> It's pretty easily reproduceable by building a modular kernel with the
> ocfs2 module enabled. Is there anything I can do to help narrow this
> down?

The general process is to determine the compilation command that
fails.  "-da" can be used to determine the last function that's
being compiled.  Then, try to whittle down the testcase to something
that's easier to debug.  That's a good point to submit a GCC PR.

To actually debug the compilation, use "-v" to see the command gcc
uses to run cc1.  Run cc1 under gdb with the arguments shown with
"-v".  However, you probably won't get very far without a version
of cc1 with debug symbols.  It's also easiest to debug cc1 from
stage1 of the GCC bootstrap.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)