MMU I/O Kernel panic 4.0_r1

Server HP9000 d370 861 single 8000 processor (64)

RAM 512M

NO EISA cards attached

Existing HPUX 10.x

Four 4.3G SCSI hot swappable - and I have pulled all but the one used with the primary boot path from existing OS
(Is this a problem since they were Mirrored?)

Firmware 38.x (I think) - Not yet Upgraded to 42.x (due to Tape drive not loading cartridge but claimed as device, and have the firmware ready)

If I use PALO IPL settings -
/vmlinux32 gets me the furthest.
/vmlinux64 crashes early (thinking firmware here)
with Ramdisk (default=12579') Just after the installer searches for drives and begins loading:
I get Kernel panic: drivers/parisc/ccio-dma.c  ccio_alloc_range() I/O MMU is out of mapping....

Have already read this -
http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2006-January/028282.html
and since it was prior to etch don't know if it really still applies - Or is it intrinisc to my dumbass not knowing what ramdisk size I should use - If I should change it - up/or down or leave it alone, or how it gets set in the first place.

Have read this  -
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/PA-RISC-Linux-Boot-HOWTO/paloappusage.html
and would whacking the SCSI partitioning - (per - 3.3.3.2. The new scheme: mounted partition) work - Or is it intrinsic to my dumbass not knowing whether to use a /dev/sda partition solution be better

Some solid recommendations to de-mystify this would be greatly appreciated since this box is too big for me to throw out the window without needing traction for years to come....

SHOULD I
0. Use existing disk partitioning/Mirroring and do an etch dance
1. Use new disk partitioning method with /dev/sda not ramdisk
2. Use Ramdisk - but change the size based on __________ to __________
3. Wait until updates to ETCH are posted?
4.  Use gentoo instead

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.