Re: [parisc-linux] linux32 personality & config.guess

On Tuesday 04 September 2007, John David Anglin wrote:
> With respect to hppa variants, this is a hopeless mess and I don't
> believe this can be fixed.  For example, libgmp treats hppa2.0w as
> indicating a 64-bit runtime.  I'm sure you have hit this.

i think gmp is just plain broken in this respect

> Nominally, the first part of the target string represents the
> architecture of the kernel, and not the userspace architecture.
> This is not sufficient to configure runtime applications when multiple
> architectures are supported by one kernel.

i'm not terribly familiar with the breadth of the parisc family, but isnt
64bit only available with 2.0 ?  so it'd be pretty clean on Linux to say:
hppa64-*-linux-* means 64bit userland, everything else is 32bit
-mike