Re: [parisc-linux] glibc is broken because of gcc

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 09:58:45PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
[snip]

> Looking at gcc PR 20218, it's clear that there are some very subtle
> issues here.  So, it's not clear to me where the problem lies.  It
> could be in glibc (hppa sysdep-cancel.h), binutils or gcc.  The handling
> of the visibility attribute was broken prior to HJL's change, so it
> could have exposed bugs in other packages.
>
> Because of this, it was a mistake for Debian to backport this change.
> The change is only in the unreleased gcc trunk.
>
> Since the problem was introduced by a gcc change, I'd start with
> a gcc PR and mention the patch that introduced the regression.
>
> Could you do glibc builds with the gcc trunk before and after the change?
> It's best to base the PR on an unmodified version of gcc.

The test with the gcc-trunk (Main 4.3.0 head) shows the same error at the same place.
By the way, did I mention that the problem is not present if nptl is enabled ?

> It would help to know the exact details of the linker command that
> fails, the assembler code generated for mq_timedreceive, and the
> __librt_multiple_threads symbols in __librt_multiple_threads librt.so.

Did you had a look at the info I sent you  (see my previous message) ?

What do you think of this ?

	Seb