Re: [parisc-linux] -pie is broken on hppa

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 11:16:59AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> John David Anglin a écrit :
> >> This is what I see when I do a gcc_update:
> >> dave@mx3210:~/gnu/gcc-4.3/gcc$ contrib/gcc_update
> >> Updating SVN tree
> >> At revision 125275.
> >> svn: Can't read directory '.': Partial results are valid but processing is incomplete
> >
> > I spent the day trying to debug why libjava fails to build on this system
> > with the new glibc.  It seems that scandir is broken on 64-bit kernels.
> > There seems to be an off by one error in copying dirent structs.  Either
> > the define in <dirent.h> for _D_ALLOC_NAMLEN is wrong or the kernel
> > sometimes returns a value for d_reclen that is sometimes too small.  The
> > code in fs/readdir.c suggests that sys_parisc32.c needs fixing.
> >
> > The enclosed seems to fix both the libjava build and the svn problem.
> > Kyle's branch uses ALIGN instead of ROUND_UP.
>
> It looks like the glibc build problem may be due to the same bug. It
> builds successfully on a 32-bit kernel, but fails to build on a 64-bit
> kernel due to some sources files that are skipped during the build.

I tested the glibc build.
Two things are worrying me.

1- glibc builds with the linuxthread and not nptl. This lead to a missing
symbol (__librt_multiple_threads) which let me think the activation of linuxthread
maybe bad.
The invokation is --enable-add-ons=libidn,ports linuxthreads. This part looks highly
suspicious to me.

2- when enabling the nptl add-on, the glibc builds ok but fails some tests. I don't
really know if it is normal or not. How do I know there is regression or not ?

My 0,02 euro contrib.

	Seb