Re: portmap segfault

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:35:29PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Sébastien Bernard <seb@frankengul.org> wrote:
> >This problem is indeed related to the pie. Same kind of crash before the
> >main function start.
> >
> >I'll start a glibc build and check the flags.
>
> This is because PIE is broken on hppa, and the glibc testsuite shows
> this problem.
>
> Aurelien,
>
> Who does the glibc upload? I would love to be in the "loop" and I
> would be glad to lookover glibc testsuite failures, bless them, and
> allow the hppa upload to proceed?
>
> I guess the more general question is: "Who reviews glibc testsuite
> failurese per-arch before upload?"

The package is uploaded only for one arch, and then built by the
build daemon for the other architectures. Nobody really check the
testsuite before an upload of a package from a build daemon.

For new upstream version, we try to review the testsuite on all
architectures (at least the ones that have a developer accessible
machine) before the upload to unstable. See for example [1].
Unfortunately this has not been done for glibc 2.5 before the
upload to unstable.

Bye,
Aurelien

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/glibc-2.6