Re: [parisc-linux] -pie is broken on hppa

> I discovered that the breakage of portmap on hppa is related to the
> -pie linkage.
> Every program linked with the -pie option segfaults at start.
> Unfortunately, portmap is unconditionnaly built with this option.

I advise not updating to libc6 2.5-9.  More than pie apps seem
affected.  For example, svn is broken on my system.  _start in
*crt1.o needs fixing.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)