Disks not detected on C3000 during Install

Hello,
I have aquired a C3000 and am trying to install Debian on it.  When I get
to the point of partitioning I receive a message stating that no
partitionable media were found.

Similarly, when booting up a Gentoo install cd, fdisk is unable to find
/dev/sda or /dev/sdb.

I am booting debian with linux 2.6.8-3-64.  Do I need to pass any extra
parameters to the kernel, or are there any thoughts on why my scsi drives
are not detected?

Thanks!
Grant

           http://www.fsr.com/