Re: problems loading xfs kernel module in current daily netboot boot.img

On 9/11/06, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
On Monday 11 September 2006 16:26, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> On 9/11/06, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> > On Monday 11 September 2006 09:41, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> > > It is, and has been fixed in newer kernels. Maybe the fix needs to
> > > be backported to d-i...
> >
> > "Backport" is the wrong word here. The kernel used in d-i will be
> > updated later this week after the next upload by the kernel team
> > (which will include upstream 2.6.17.13).
>
> This fix didn't go into 2.6.17 upstream, hence me talking about
> "backporting" it...
> We apparently fixed this in 2.6.17-pa4, according to
> http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/linux-2.6/arch/parisc/kernel/module.c?rev=1
>.13&view=log meaning this probably went into upstream 2.6.18...

Ah, OK.
Still, "backporting into d-i" makes no sense; what you want then is
backporting into Debian kernel images which will get the fix into d-i
automatically.
d-i does not use a separate kernel, it just repackages the official Debian
kernel images into udebs.

I know. YKWIM ;-P

T-Bone

--