date and time formatting/handling in 64bit

I've just rewritten the date and time handling in a library to 64bit to
eliminate the overruns to be suffered by 32bit systems in 2038.

The library includes a test suite and although all the code compiles,
the test suite fails on the new tests for date and time conversion,
especially to and from strings.

Only hppa, m68k and sparc are affected, all other Debian architectures
complete all tests successfully.

The buildd log is here:
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=qof&arch=hppa
v0.7.0-1

I regularly test on amd64, i386 and powerpc but I'd appreciate some
ideas on what might be going wrong on hppa.

Thanks.

(I'm the co-maintainer and upstream developer for QOF and I'm in the NM
process.)

--

Neil Williams