Fwd: Unable to install debian on HP c3600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Koschel Thomas <T.Koschel@ee-aerospace.com>
Date: Jul 26, 2006 5:08 AM
Subject: Unable to install debian on HP c3600
To: dhbarr@gozelle.com

Hi David,
maybe you can help me.

In the future, please address replies directly to the list.

I'm trying to install debian linux on a hp c3600 via tftp/dhcp.

Excellent!

The download of a boot image works fine, but the image does not work.
First, i had a well known error concerning the ram disk size.
After i solved this problem (by chaning the boot option "ramdisk_size") i
got the following error message
"pdc_iodc_bootin() died during seekread"
I got this message with several different boot images from the debian site:

I've never seen this particular error before, but Google has some answers:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2005/11/msg00016.html indicates you're
not alone, at least.  Seems to crop up when attempting a network boot, and
the following could probably tell us why:

http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvslite/palo/ipl/pdc_bootio.c

So, the IO code for you specific processor is dying trying to seekread from
the boot device and failing.

More information than that would have to come from the list, but I'd hazard
a guess that giving detailed hardware info and firmware revision might help
them help you.

Regards,
-dhbarr.