Re: [parisc-linux] [Fwd: [patch/hppa] Floating point exception handling patch]

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 09:03:59AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > This is a pretty short list... Would anyone object to binNMUs of the
> > effected packages on hppa, once a fixed glibc is uploaded?
>
> If the bug is in glibc, why would any of these packages need binNMUs?

Only if they were statically linked - I doubt that's the case.

But the reason for the list was to make it easier for the buildd maintainer
to know which packages with previously failed builds could be requeued.

>   The
> only reason they would need rebuilt after a glibc bug fix would be if the
> glibc ABI changed in the process, and that would be Very Bad<tm>.

Yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen.

thanks,
grant