Matrox Mystique video card on HP Visualize 785/B2000 with rebuilt 2.6.11-rc6-pa1 kernel

Hi,

I have set up successfully a Matrox Millennum II PCI video card on an HPPA RISC B2000 workstation. I now able to connect an HP910 to the Matrox Millennum video port running as a text console. (Yet to figure out how to configure X Windows.)

However when I plugged in a Matrox Mystique video card (also configured as a module in the kernel) the kernel fail to bring it up with the following error msgs:

matroxfb: Matrox Mystique (PCI) detected
matroxfb: Cannot determine memory size
matroxfb: probe of 000:01:04.0 failed with error -1

and the kernel booted up normally. Any idea what happened?

The basic h/w configuration are as follows:

1) HP Visualize 785/B2000 with 256 MB of memory, 400 MHz processor & 10 GB disk; 2) HP 910 monitor connected to a STI fxe video card (in trouble, I switched to ttys0 as the console);
3) Additional Matrox Mystique video card with no monitor connected;
4) No HP/UX. Only Debian GNU/Linux;

Software configuration:

5) Sarge distribution from 27 April ISO images were used for the base installation; 6) All packages installed updated/upgraded to the latest available (regardless bugs or no bugs, 14 June?); 7) No security updates applied as security.debian.org site can't be accessed for some reasons;
8) Kernel source from "linux-2.6.12-rc6-pa1.tar.bz2";

Built the kernel using instructions from "PARISC-LINUX: Building The Kernel documentation" by following their "The Old, Grotty Way To Build a Kernel" and chose to compile the Matrox acceleration, Matrox Millennum II & Mystique and Trident supports into the Kernel as modules. I have also created the initial RAM disk by "mkinitrd -o /usr/src/linux-2.6.12-rc6-pa1/initrd.img-2.6.12-rc6-pa1 2.6.12-rc6-pa1".

Rgds,
Lee