Re: hppa and sigaction

"Wesley W. Terpstra" writes...

> > > Is this "too old"?
> >
> > Yes.
> > You need > 2.6.2 for this bug to be fixed on 64-bit kernels.
> > Do you need to run a 64-bit smp kernel?
>
> I see. Thanks, that really helps; I was totally confused. =)
> I don't have control over paer.debian.org.
>
> I am trying to port MLton's .deb (an SML compiler) and the last remaining
> bit is the profiler. Since you are subscribed to the debian-hppa list, do
> you perhaps know who can upgrade paer's kernel?

We tried upgrading paer to 2.6 but it didn't play well with the woody glibc
that is on the system (invoking ld.so directly in that combination caused
problems, and apparently quite a few things do that). So we downgraded to 2.4.
Once sarge is released we will upgrade the machine and switch to 2.6.

> ... or else another hppa
> machine which doesn't have this problem that is open to debian developers?

No there isn't. (as a rule debian.org machines always run stable)
Maybe someone on the list can give you a login on a box running
testing/unstable with a recent 2.6.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org