Re: Clam AV Crashes on 2.6.8-2-32-smp

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 12:59:36AM -0400, Harry Cochran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am running a J6000 with 2GB of memory as a production E-mail server for
> my company with netqmail, clamav, razor and spam assassin. I am experiencing
> problems with clamav. The log entires look like:
>
> clamav.log.5.gz:Sat Apr  9 00:11:13 2005 -> Segmentation fault
>
> Is there anyone else running clamav who is experiencing this problem? Could
> the maintainer of clamav please tell me what I can do to help pin down the
> problem.

I'm neither clamav user nor maintainer, but there are two things
that would help:
1) console output (e.g. syslog) should contain a register dump
   (and stack trace?) of the segfault.

2) figure out how to set ulimit so core dumps of clamav segfault can be
   collected and inspected with gdb. Either manually start clamav
   after "ulimit -c unlimited"  or figure out how to set this in
   whatever script that starts clamav.

hth,
grant