RE: [parisc-linux] Re: [mc - Midnight Commander] new release for hppa

-------------------
> Hi Joel,
> >>
> >And afaik its pdc allow to boot either a 64bit kernel or a 32bit
one :-)

> you are perfectly right, in fact I use 2.4.27-32 and 2.6.8-2-64
kernel images
> on it. My question addresses to the need of a 64-bit and 32-bit to
make the
> deb available on hppa system: is it possible to run mc (32-bit) on
N-class
> (surely 64-bit), for instance, system?

Please read the FAQ
http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/

And guess what, if you can boot the same 32bit userland on both the
kernels you mentioned above, that might be a clue that 32bit userland
*works* with 64bit kernel, huh? ;)
OTOH, if that wasn't the case, I wonder what 64bit kernel would be
used for...

Once and for all: there is no need for 64bit userland binaries and you
can't build them anyway.

HTH

Thibaut VARENE
PA/Linux ESIEE Team