Re: qt-x11-free build fails

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 02:41:49AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> This is a bug that was believed fixed previously, but it is *not* bug
> #326581; it's bug #333766, which was fixed in glibc 2.3.5-7.  (And it really
> was fixed, otherwise kdelibs4c2 wouldn't be in testing right now for hppa.)
> But it's back in 2.3.5-8; could this have to do with the fact that 2.3.5-7
> was built (wrongly) with gcc-4.0, and 2.3.5-8 is the first version to build
> with gcc-3.4?

I confirm. Bug #333766 was causing a SIGBUS in uic, when calling
feholdexcept. This has been fixed, and now the problem is a SIGILL that
occurs a few instructions later when calling __umoddi3 from
libgcc_s.so.2.

I have tried other version of libgcc2, from version 4.0.1-7 to version
4.1-0exp4, and the problem is always there. So it does not seems related
to a recent change in gcc. Maybe this part of code was never called
before for some strange reasons.

It would be nice if somebody fluent with hppa assembly can tell us if

	fldw -10(,sp),fr23

is a valid instruction or not. If not, that's probably a miscompilation
in gcc, as this code is generated from C code.