Re: [parisc-linux] HCRX-24 and missing consoles on my C200

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 11:01:30AM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > STI GSC/PCI core graphics driver Version 0.9a
> >     id 2bcb015a-9a02587, conforms to spec rev. 8.04
> > STI init_graph failed (ret -1, errno 258)
> > sti: probe of 10:8 failed with error 1

Someone should probably turn on debugging. Edit
drivers/video/sticore.h and change the initial #if 0 to #if 1 and
rebuild and boot.

As far as I know, this is failing the initial call to STI init_graph,
I suspect either it doesn't like the default init values, or something
is not quite right when setting up the glob_cfg. As I understand it,
we set up the glob_cfg structures with nothing but the region pointers,
and then call init_graph to set up the rest of the context which is passed
between every further called STI function.

Or the STI rom is completely broken on this card and HP-UX uses software
instead of the firmware routines.

I think I have a HCRX here (A4070 with A4072), I can try and fix this
but not until at least January.

Cheers,
	Kyle