Re: [parisc-linux] Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

Grant,

> I'm inclined to agree with James about FP register usage/saving
> being the cause of the XFS problems.

This hypothesis is very easy to verify, just revert this small patch:
<http://www.parisc-linux.org/~tausq/fpreg.diff>

I do it on a 32bit kernel:
After the same kind of successfull test on my b180 with latest cvs kernel tree
over an xfs (obviously), I revert this pacth against the same kernel src and
already run my stress test during 4h without any pb over the same xfs.

I am curious to check it on a 64bit system too as soon as it/I will be free ;-)

Thanks,
    Joel

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.