Re: Problems with file corruption on C240

On 6 Aug 2005, at 19:22, Grant Grundler wrote:

Which kernel version?

Can you take a quick glance at this How-to for me?
    http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/kernelbug-howto.html

I must admit that I didn't really understand the page linked to. I didn't build the kernel myself, I'm just using the kernel that Sarge uses. uname -a returns: Linux heavy 2.6.8-2-32-smp #1 SMP Mon Feb 7 22:19:10 EST 2005 parisc GNU/Linux

EXT3-fs error (device sda5): ext3_free_blocks: bit already cleared
for block 249189

Is this caused by my stupidity or is it the hardware?  I'm confident
that I've got the FWSCSI chain terminated properly, there are no
other devices on the chain and the HD has an ID of 5.

I think this is a kernel bug and ISTR discussion about ext2/ext3
data corruption some time ago...pulling in a new kernel would be
my preference and shouldn't hurt given the issues you are already facing.

How would I go about 'pulling in a new kernel'? I'm not asking for spoon-fed instructions, but could you give me a little more to go on? I apologise to the list if my questions are a bit simple.

Many thanks,
James.