Re: Novice trying to install on B2600 - using sarge-hppa RC3 - insight would be appreciated

Hi,

Not sure what is occuring, but booted up just like
I did before and got the following PALO boot options

0: '0/vmlinux
1: root=/dev/ram
2: initrd=0/ramdisk
3: init=/linuxrc'
4: console=tty0
5: sti=10/1/4/0
6: sti_font=VGA8x16
7: TERM=linux

Line 3 didn't look like that before!
I can't figure how to add another line to add the ramdisk_size
so changed line 3  and got the following results.

Information: No console specified on kernel command line.  This is
normal.
PALO will choose the console currently used by firmware (graphics).
Current command line:
'0/vmlinux root=/dev/ram  initrd=0/ramdisk init=/linuxrc'console=tty0
sti=10
/1/4/0 sti_font=VGA8x16 TERM=linux

0: '0/vmlinux
1: root=/dev/ram
2: initrd=0/ramdisk
3: init=/linuxrc'
4: console=tty0
5: sti=10/1/4/0
6: sti_font=VGA8x16
7: TERM=linux

<#>  edit the numbrered field
'b' boot with this command line
'r' restore command line
'l' list dir
?3
ramdisk_size=16384
Current command line:
'0/vmlinux root=/dev/ram  initrd=0/ramdisk ramdisk_size=16384
console=tty0 sti=10
/1/4/0 sti_font=VGA8x16 TERM=linux

0: '0/vmlinux
1: root=/dev/ram
2: initrd=0/ramdisk
3: ramdisk_size=16384
4: console=tty0
5: sti=10/1/4/0
6: sti_font=VGA8x16
7: TERM=linux

<#>  edit the numbrered field
'b' boot with this command line
'r' restore command line
'l' list dir
?b

Scrolls  through boot screens too fast to read.

until the following line just scrolls continually up the screen

modprobe: FATAL: Could not open
'/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-32/kernel/net/unix/unix.ko': No such file or
directory

Can I add a line to the PALO? how?

Any other suggestions.

Thanks