Re: PA-RISC/Linux Boot HOWTO: 2.4 -> 2.6

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 06:52:57PM -0500, Harry Cochran wrote:
> I'm sure you're way beyond my rough scrawl, but I found one small baby
> step that I left out (8.3 c) and I want to make sure that whatever
> goes out is complete to the lowest level of detail.

I don't think that the new step ("cd /mnt" after running palo, and prior
to mounting the palo partition as /mnt) is necessary.

When you mount over your current working directory, you will remain in
that directory -- this is why you get an empty listing from ls.  This
does not mean that "mount" has failed.  Paths like "/mnt" (or even
"../mnt") access the newly mounted directory, so this is not a problem.
"cd /mnt" would take you to the new directory.

HTH,
--
Stuart Brady