Re: /boot

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 08:55:41AM -0500, Harry Cochran wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 1:12AM -0500, Grant Grundler wrote:
> >ls -l /boot
> SinoHub5:/# ls -l /boot
> total 0
>
> >The "ls" command assumes the f0 partition is mounted on /boot.
>
> Well I was feeling pretty good until I saw ls -l /boot come back with total
> 0. I assume that's bad news. You didn't say to change init-partitioned to
> update-partitioned, so maybe I screwed up there. Should I have just gotten
> rid of that line?

If sda1 is mounted on /boot and it is empty, then yes, that's bad.  If I
understand correctly, --init-partition formats the partition, and as a
result, clears any files that were it previously held...

If that's right, it's better to pass --init-partition to palo, than it
is to add --init-partition in palo.conf, since you won't have to worry
about changing it back afterwards.

You'll have to copy the files from /boot again (using /mnt for sda1,
making sure you've unmounted /boot first).
--
Stuart Brady